Protection Against Carbon Monoxide
Carbon Monoxide (CO) is often referred to as the silent killer. This odorless, tasteless, colorless gas is released as a by-product of combustion and can be extremely dangerous. While all gas appliances—furnaces, fireplaces, stoves, etc. release a small amount of this gas into the environment each time they are used, in high quantities, this gas is lethal.
Because exposure to carbon monoxide gas may produce symptoms similar to common ailments such as headaches, dizziness, weakness and vomiting, it may not be obvious that you are suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. Where a large exposure leads to unconsciousness or seizures, you may not be able to call for help when you need it.
Monitored carbon monoxide detectors provide the earliest warning system for you and your family when a dangerous amount of carbon monoxide is present. An alarm is sent to our monitoring station when a carbon monoxide alarm is activated, and if we are unable to reach you, we will send the fire department.
Protect yourself and your family from this silent killer. It’s easy to add a carbon monoxide detector to your security system today.