Build a rewarding career with one of Edmonton’s leading security providers since 1970. Our team consists of security consultants, administrative staff, installation and service technicians and monitoring station operators.
Inside Sales Representative
We are currently seeking a motivated and energetic inside sales representative to join our team. We are looking for a positive, solutions focused individual with excellent communication skills; both written and oral.
The inside sales representative will field inbound sales calls, as well as support strategic marketing efforts by introducing increased value offerings to existing clients. The inside sales representative will provide potential and existing clients with a positive sales experience; by immediately serving their needs or by matching the client with an outside sales rep who can best assist. By gaining a solid understanding of our client base, our equipment, our service offerings, and our outside reps, the inside sales representative will deliver the best possible assistance to each client and add value to each interaction. This position will play a critical role in expanding Telsco’s client base, as well as adding value to the existing client base.
- Be present in the office during business hours to answer all inbound sales calls and greet walk in sales leads
- Read all incoming internet leads
- Qualify all incoming leads; phone, walk in, and internet
- Answer client questions regarding Telsco, our services, and equipment
- Prepare and deliver proposals when applicable
- Close sales that do not require a site visit
- Log prospect/lead information in database for reporting purposes
- Assign leads to reps based on their strengths and their likelihood to succeed with the prospect
- Work with the marketing team to discuss the implementation and execution of strategic sales efforts
- Make outbound calls to existing clients to let them know about possible upgrades to hardware and /or services
- Nurture prospects by calling or e-mailing to follow up on proposals
- Manage client flow with contact software that is put in place
- Attend Tradeshows as required
- Attend Sales Meetings and provide feedback as required
- Strong passion for customer service and delivering a positive experience
- Excellent communications skills; both written and oral
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office
- At least two years of active selling experience
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Experience in the security industry is an asset
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. Group Benefits and RRSP matching are available after minimum employment periods. Please e-mail resume to Kristin@telsco.com
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Technician to join our installation team. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience with Alarm Systems, Access Control, ULC Fire Systems, CCTV & IP Video Solutions. We are looking for someone who loves gadgets, gets excited about solving problems with technology and takes great pride in a job well done. A Strong Technical background is an incredible asset and is complimented by an outgoing and personable demeanor.
The majority of assigned work will be completed on commercial sites, with the occasional residential site visit. Professionalism and respectable behavior is a must, as you will be an ambassador for Telsco while on site completing work.
Regular work hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30 pm. A company van will be provided for commuting from Telsco to the work site, but a personal vehicle is required for travel to and from the office.
- Install Alarm, Access Control, Fire Monitoring and Video Systems, ensuring that workmanship is held to the highest standards
- Liase with clients while on the work site, ensuring the job is progressing as expected and discussing solutions if complications arise
- Work in the on call rotation as
- Accurately document and complete paperwork as required
- Comply with Safety Requirements as per Telsco’s Health & Safety Program
- Attend job and technical meetings as required
- Participate in additional training and learning opportunities as applicable
- Train junior technicians and share knowledge
- 3 – 5 Years of Experience with Alarm Systems, Access Control, ULC Fire Systems, CCTV & IP Video Solutions
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Respectable and Professional
- Pride in workmanship & Attention to detail
- Must be able to work alone or as part of a team
- Clean criminal record
- Driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract
- Must by physically fit; able to carry equipment and use a ladder or a lift
- Lift and Fall Arrest Certification an asset
Salary range is $45,000 – $55,000 per year. Benefits program and RRSP matching are available based on employment duration.Please e-mail resume email@example.com, or call Kurt at 780.424.6971
Monitoring Station Operator
Telsco is currently looking for an enthusiastic and reliable individual to work in the rewarding position of monitoring station operator. Duties include answering and directing phone calls, responding to alarm situations, data entry and verification, and client care and support. Successful applicants must be able to prioritize duties, multi-task effectively, work well in high pressure situations, and have a close attention to detail. Shift flexibility is necessary.
E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org